Wednesday 3 June 2015

Crochet mood blanket update (May)

A couple of days late this month with my update, I'm sorry. I have been studying for an exam that I had this morning so no time over the last couple of days to blog about my crafts. I have still managed to keep up with my runner though and this month.

I managed to work out what was going wrong with it before to make it get wider - I had managed at some point to switch my hooks over so the one that I found with the runner was the next size up (4 instead of 3.5). I realised about half way through this month so I ripped back to about half way through April (the largest green strip I think was about where the error started) and have then re-done from there.

It's looking a lot more green for this month than it did from last month.
This month I am switching to high temperatures. Jan & Feb were lows, Mar - May mids and now we are ready for the next 3 months being high temperatures. Hopefully this will start to see some different and brighter colours coming through this month - after green we get yellow. This will be when we reach a high of 16 - 20.

I wonder if we will ever get this mini heat wave that we have been promised from today for a few days. At least I should be able to enjoy it now if we do get it (apart from when I am working) as I don't have college to be doing in an evening. I'm now really looking forward to the rest of the week - it feels like a real treat to not be studying is the main thing but I also am going to the cinema with a friend this evening as well as out for cocktails, burgers and to the theatre with my mum on Friday. Have a good one everyone and I'll be sure to blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment