Friday 14 April 2017

Hello again

Yet again I have to start this blog with an apology that I've not been around for a while again. I have just been really struggling for time towards the end of last year and the beginning of this - other things sort of took over.

It was recently my birthday - last Sunday in fact - and this coming year is the last of my twenties and is going to be a good one!

Part of this is that I have made a deal with myself - I am going to come up with 30 things that I have always wanted to do that I will make sure that I do before I'm 30. Some of these will be small things, some will be slightly bigger but all will give me a sense of accomplishment and hopefully bring some laughs and joy along the way. I can't guarantee that these will all be craft related and in fact I can tell you now that lots of these definitely will be but I would like to bring you along the journey with me if this is ok.

The first of these and the only one that I am going to tell you about today is a deal that I am going to make with myself (and with you guys) that I will make sure I blog at least once a week - or at least 52 times in the current year if one particular week gets a bit manic meaning that I simply can't write for you.

This is therefore the first of (hopefully) many times that I will see you over the coming weeks.

Now comes the tricky bit - what do I tell you about today. There are a few things that I have lined up ready to tell you about so I am not sure what to go with today really...

How about this - something that I was working on for a long time and that you have seen crop up in my blogs many times already but that never quite managed to get finished.

Well here it is - the granny square blanket that I started a couple of years ago.
Seams all finished and ends sewn in and everything!! I'm pleased I chose the light yellow colour to join everything together - it doesn't show up too much and it blends in with all of the other colours nicely.
You can't even see it at all from the "front" or the "good side"! I am quite pleased with myself for getting this done really.

The only thing that I wasn't sully sure of is if it needs an edge...
And really I know that it should be "blocked" (wet and pinned out to stretch it into shape) but you know me I'm far too excited for all of that!

It had to go straight into my crafty room which contains some more exciting news. The corner that I had for a while as a seat to watch DVDs and craft from, had gradually been filled up with boxes and more and more crafty stuff that I had acquired meaning that it was totally unusable. Decorating the hallway including replacing all of the door frames meaning that the insides of the rooms upstairs needed a bit of work and at least a lick of paint anyway meant that I have ended up with this!!!
I got my little snuggly corner back! Complete with fluffy cushions, blankets and everything that I could ever need on hand and easy to get to. I can't wait to get a bit of time to myself to go and hide up here for a few hours/day and just chill out with some movies or episodes of some girly TV show.

When we went out to look for the paint to touch up the wall in the same colour as the rest of the room we discovered that that colour we had used originally doesn't exist any more. We weren't totally sure what to do as it definitely needed something doing to that wall so why not go a little crazy. We picked a bright colour that would go with the rest of the room and made a "feature" wall. I love it! It really does brighten up the space too.

I hope you are all having a fabulous Easter weekend. Make sure you eat far too much chocolate and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment