Monday 25 February 2013

Long time no blog - Henlow's day at work, 2 cards, and 2 lovely meals.

Sooo much has been happening - I've just looked back over the photos from the last few weeks and there are so many photos to share with you I don't think I will be able to share them all together.

Henlow had a day at the office - he was helping my husband when he had to work from home the other weekend:
I have made a couple of cards for people:

This one is for our friend who goes clay pigeon shooting with my husband. I think the picture was rather appropriate and another one of our classic designs went down a treat
And this one was for my supervisor at work - she turned 40 and the team clubbed together to get her a few little presents and I volunteered to make her a card. I have to confess that the idea was borrowed slightly from a picture of another card that we found on the internet but I think it is quite effective. Fairly simple in it's design too all cut out on my Sizzix machine and stuck together.
I was also treated to a couple of lovely meals over the last couple of weeks. The first was for a kind of anniversary. We moved into our house last year on Valantines day - ok so my husband left me here alone that night and went out to a comedy show with his mate - so we sort of had our first proper night here together on February 15 last year. Being the soppy sod that he is - this year my husband decided that this should be something to celebrate and treated me. I came home to this lovely bunch of flowers:
My slippers were left by the front door when I walked in with a little note telling me to go upstairs - no not what you're thinking!!! Dirty minds! - so I went upstairs to a lovely bath run with bubbles in it and only candles all around the bathroom for light.

He had also cooked me a fantastic pie for our dinner. Check out the decoration!! A house, boy, girl (us) a bird (Baldrick our budgie) and a tortoise and the bottom (Henlow)
We had a lovely evening, I had my bath and then we sat down to our lovely romantic meal. I almost felt like we should dress up all smart for the occasion but still couldn't quite resist the urge to pull my PJs on after I got out of the bath. We even had champagne with our meal - in our dressing gowns - oh well if you can't do it in your own home then when can you?
The other meal wasn't quite so fancy but still just as exciting to me as the opportunity only arises once a year. PANCAKES!!!!!! My husband was away on a training course for work on pancake day so we thought we'd save the occasion for when we could truly enjoy it at the weekend. Sunday morning, we got up, went to the shops to buy the ingredients and then spent the rest of the morning making and eating pancakes. I seemed to get the naff job of mixing all of the batter up - we ended up needing two batches as we were using a huge pan and so there was only enough for three the first time. Second time around we may have managed to get one extra but it was close.
We had a whole array of fillings too - apple warmed through with a little calvados, a banana one, my husband went for a little lemon juice and I had a little bit of the different ones but mostly stuck to good old orange juice and sugar. The best meal of the year if you ask me. It is the only day when you had have desert pancakes for starter, main course and pudding and no-one can say anything about it.
There will be more to follow over the next few days - now I have got the internet back on my phone to be able to do this. I have another crafty creative box that I received last week and Sunday was the day for the second and final class of sweater club - so I can almost see the end now in the quest to make myself a sweater.

Now I'm off to nurse a poorly Henlow. Fingers crossed he will start to look a little better soon - we had to take him to the vets on Saturday as he's not been eating properly for the last week or so and has been wanting to do a lot of sleeping (I don't blame him but something's not right). He also looks like he has a little runny nose a little too. I almost cried when we had to take him to the vets - partly out of being terrified of all of the dogs that were around but mostly because I hate to see my little one poorly. He's on antibiotics now so I'm about to go and do battle with him to take them. Soooo tricky but fingers crossed we can get him to have them for this week and he starts to feel a little bit better soon too. I'm off to do battle now so see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment