Saturday 31 August 2013

Congratulations Emma and Ross!

Happy wedding day! I hope you're having a fabulous day.

Ok so this is the opportunity I have to take to apologise for not blogging for a while. After the last post I was asked to make these for a friend of a friend who is getting married today. They are a surprise present from Ross to his new wife, Emma (maybe about now - I'm not sure what time the wedding is!) and so I was under strict instructions to keep my mouth shut. Not the easiest of tasks for me so I thought it would be best not to blog in case I blabbed!

I was given a lot of guidance from Ross as he was pretty sure what he wanted from these three frames. They contain both of their individual wedding vows and the central one will include the logo that they have used on their invitations and other wedding stationary.


This made things a lot easier in some ways - but just sticking it all down as he had shown in the pictures wasn't quite as easy as I'd thought.

There were a few practice attempts to try to get the arrangements correct and to figure out how they were going to work

Emma's frame - could we include a bottle of the bubbles that will be on the tables at the reception?
 We agreed that this one would look better without. But the hearts in this one should be more floaty and hap-hazardly arranged - like butterflies escaping I was told.
Ross's frame - Do we like the arrangement of the table confetti? Could we add a party popper in the top corner and have it look like the confetti is exploding from the party popper...?
The party popper is a good idea but might need to be cut down a little to fit in the frame properly once the frame is covering the edge of the mount board...hmmm. One to think about and figure out how this might work.
And finally - how was the central frame going to work with the ring on the chain. I had got the logo sorted and decoupaged all of the pieces - thank you Ross for printing the letters out separately for me so that I could trace these easily to be able to cut the individual pieces out. The story behind this as I believe (sorry if this isn't quite right!!)- this was Emma's original engagement ring which was bought when they didn't have too much money and wouldn't go with the wedding rings when these were bought for the wedding. It is also slightly broken. I am told that Emma still loves this ring and wanted to keep it but it just wouldn't fit with the wedding ring she now has. So she was bought a new ring and this is a way of keeping the original ring.

I tried a couple of ways of arranging this frame as I wasn't sure how the chain would fit in the frame with the mount etc.
I still like Ross's design better though I think so there must be a way of doing this...

Here's how all of the frames turned out...

The central frame was done just as Ross had requested


Emma's frame with the floaty butterfly hearts as requested.
And Ross's frame
Hehe - the top hat on his name wasn't actually intentional the first time - I was just arranging the pieces and this is where it ended up. I liked it so I thought I'd stick with it!

And so here they are...
If I do say so myself, I do quite like these. I'm really pleased to have been a part of Ross and Emma's big day and I hope they like them as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kate,

    You started my wife's day off with a grand smile and happy tear. I can not thank you enough. when i asked you to do this I expected them to be pretty good, but what you gave us was amazing.

    For the memory you have given us we are forever in your debt.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete