Sunday 4 August 2013

Crafty July

Ok so I think it is safe to say that July was a pretty busy month one way or another. I was on holiday for a week - we went back to Yorkshire - the same place as we went to earlier this year. It was fabulous and there are far too many photos to include in this post so there will be a separate post to follow including those photos.

I thought I would fairly quickly show you what I have been up to in July though - mostly a little photo montage this time I think.

I finished the baby blankets that I was making for the hospital and have given these to my friend now to be delivered shortly as soon as they have been washed and sterilised properly.
 I have also had a few requests for my items to be made for people at work. My supervisor asked me to make a 30th Birthday card for one of our colleagues.
 And after the success of the owls I decided to give a go at making some other animals. Hmmmm...what would I choose - of course it had to be a tiny tortoise.

ONe big happy family! I have also made a little pink tortoise as well to match the pink owl.
My husband decided that the little green tortoise would be perfect as his wooly work pet so this one has since disappeared as well.

Once he had taken this in he was asked if there was any way that I could increase the pattern and make a larger version for one of his colleagues little boys. This is what I came up with.


 I even made a tiny little tortoise logo to stitch to him as a little logo on his belly.
Unfortunately the only problem with this was that as I had just doubled the yarn and increased the hook size as my method of increasing the pattern, the little holes in him were just the right size for a 6 month olds little fingers to get in and start trying to pull out the stuffing. I have therefore got this creature back at home for the time being - I might have to try another method of increasing the pattern and re-make this for him so that little fingers can't get in there.

Finally, yesterday we went to my husbands' Aunt and Uncle's 25th Wedding Anniversary celebrations. I don't have a picture of the finished card but you get the idea from this image before it was all stuck down. The picture is the same one that we used in the making of out wedding invitations and stationary  - for those of you who received one. I might have to make a post at some point to show you these - a little reminiscent post for those who haven't seen the stationary that we made a couple of years ago.
They seemed to appreciate the card and everyone had a thoroughly lovely day - the weather even stayed nice for the BBQ yesterday. Thank you very much Aunty Sarah and Uncle Martin.

More photo's to come of our holiday and I will try to keep you all more up to date this month with what I've been making. I have a little surprise going on at the minute which I can't quite reveal yet but I'm sure there will also be more owls and tortoises to come. If anyone would like to order one then please feel free to contact me and we can discuss a colour scheme and get one sent out to you. My email address is at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment