Saturday 4 July 2015

Weather runner June

As usual I have been a couple of days behind in telling you about the weather runner for this year so today I have just finished sewing in the ends on my weather table runner.

Here's the progress for June (and the first few days if July)
It's amazing what a difference using the high temperatures for the month does to the colour of my table runner. This month has started to warm up as predicted really. Towards the end of this month (including up to today really) we have had a heat wave. The hottest for here in Nottingham has been 33 degrees. This was on Wednesday which was technically July but it had still started to get very warm at the end of June.


Last month I also decided to change the temperatures that would relate to the highest temperatures. Instead of corresponding to a 5 degree range the top temperatures were changed to 16-18 for yellow, 19-22 for orange and from 23 upwards for red. I'm not sure if I needed to do this really due to high temperatures this week but it has meant the we certainly have a good amount of red in the runner. I do think that there perhaps wasn't going to be enough if I hadn't changed these.

I think that it could look a lot different if I had decided ro base the colours on the rainfall levels. Last night the rain was really quite impressive. I woke up at about 3am with the sound of thunder and lightning directly above our house. I have never heard anything so loud and it really made me jump awake. I woke up my husband with e amount that I jumped. It was quite scary to start with but then really quite impressive. We ended up staying up for about half an hour to just watch the Lightning flashes out of the window and to watch the rain.

I like the way that it is turning out still. Perhaps this month to last would have blended slightly better if there were a few more green rows at the beginning of the month but overall I think that it is looking good. I still can't wait to get this out on the table and in use. I hope that you are all enjoying the sun today and making the most of the nice weather. We are having a lovely chilled out weekend. Hopefully I will have another post for you tomorrow or at least in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment