Monday 6 April 2015

Happy Easter!

The Easter bunny definitely came to my house yesterday & we had an absolutely lovely day.

When I got up I found that the Easter Bunny had left me a trail of eggs to find around the house (ok ok so I know I am far too old for things like that but where's the fun in being old?) starting with a trail that led me down the stairs. A little treat on each step
At the bottom of the steps there were more to find by the front door
There was even one hidden amongst my flowers!
A pink one that blends in far too well!

And some down by Henlows house.
Into the living room and the hen was guarding a few
And more on our paintings.
I had so much fun finding these (good haul for me!) that, for our friends that came round later in the day, instead of just giving them their eggs we did another similar hunt for them. We couldn't quite believe that they had never done an Easter egg hunt before! Crazy!

This time I helped to hide the eggs and found a few new hiding places for them too. A few on the mantle piece.
And some more hidden on the coffee table.
Even a really high one as well as a little wrapped gift for their little one
They definitely seemed to enjoy their first ever hunts and at least their daughter who is only 9 months old will be able to say that she has done an Easter egg hunt.

Later in the day we had a lovely roast dinner. A bit like at Christmas, I'm sure we'll be eating the leftovers for a few days too. We played some games and chilled out playing with the eggs that I had made for the Easter basket. One of them was definitely approved of and spent a lot of time in the little one's mouth! More adult games then took place later on and we tucked into the Easter cake that I had made.

It is our traditional cake that I like to make each year but, even if I do say so myself, this was a particularly good one!
We made this one with duck eggs instead of normal chicken eggs as we had heard that they were good for cakes. Our breakfast on Saturday consisted of one duck egg and one chicken egg each, on toast just to test them out. To eat they were lovely and fried the white came out a lot whiter and the yolk a lot creamier and richer in the duck egg that the chicken one. They definitely passed the cake test with this one was well. We will definitely be getting those again in future.

There were a few leftovers from decorating the cake
Well it would be rude not to finish them up!
Butter cream and mini eggs from a spoon does become pretty sickly pretty quickly though. I was happy we weren't going to be eating lunch until quite late after this in the morning.

This year is the first time to me that Easter has really felt like a big event and a lovely time was had by all. It really felt like a proper celebration day, like a second Christmas, and it was lovely to be able to spend it with friends too. I hope you all had a lovely day and are enjoying what remains of your holiday time.

Ooh - a little addition to add as well. As the weather has been so lovely this afternoon, Henlow has had his first outdoor adventure of the summer. He was properly running around as well and up to all kinds of mischief n the front garden, eating everything in his path. We couldn't take our eyes off him for even a few seconds. The sun has definitely filled him with energy and a desire to explore!
I'm really looking forward to letting him out of his house more this year. Hopefully he will be able to have free run of the hall a lot of the time throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment