Tuesday 11 December 2012

Craft Swap complete and It's Christmas!!!!

Ok so it's been about a week since I last posted. Sorry it has been so long - have had so much to do. I have tried to keep up with my promise to myself and have been doing something fun (not always for very long) every day and normally this means something crafty.

I have been doing a cross-stitch ready for a Christmas card I am going to make. A few stitches every day and it is now done. I love these little projects that are starting to take shape in what seems like no time at all. I have done this gingerbread one and am planning on making a card with this and the ribbon that I bought while I was on holiday too. Not sure what it will look like yet but hopefully that will be a nice one - I think I will be passing that on to one of my crafty friends so hopefully they should appreciate that too.


On Saturday we put up the rest of our Christmas decorations in the living room - we don't have many to go around the rest of the house but I love our cozy Christmas lounge.


 Pudding seems to have made himself at home in our arm chair - my husbands "man chair" may be out of bounds for a few weeks I think!
 We bought this off a lady in Lincoln a few weeks ago - it was a bit heavy to go on the top of the tree so it's ended up on the wall. The golden bear will have to be the topper to our tree again this year until we find a nice star to go up there instead.

I have also always had a little tree that I had up in my room when I was younger so this has gone up in the hallway so people can see the lights from outside. No photos of this at the mo but I'm sure it'll make it's appearance at some point on the blog.

Henlow's still doing well - he posed for me a couple of days ago so I got a few more photos of him. This is the best one I think:


I have also made and handed out the first few Christmas cards of the year. Here are a few that I have made - these one's have been passed on to some of my family already and hopefully I will have chance to make a few more very soon once I have my exam out of the way on Thursday.



Finally and I think most importantly of all - I have finally finished all of the little things that I have been making for the craft swap - I made the final part last night and have wrapped it all up ready to be posted off tomorrow. I can't wait to share with you all of the things that I have been making and more than anything else I hope that the lovely Hannah enjoys them when she gets them too.

I had thought about putting a photo of the wrapped presents in here (and I may well change my mind later) but I don't want to ruin the surprise at all so that's all for now I think - as soon as she receives her gifts I will post all of the photos.

PS. I'm also really excited and intrigued to see what I get back in return. I have loved making my little gifts for this swap and I hope that she has too.

No comments:

Post a Comment