Monday 17 December 2012

Crafty weekend - Sunday

The fun continued into Sunday - I love this time of year and it was just the best to have a weekend to do as I pleased and fill it with crafty-ness.

Sunday I attended the first part of my Sweater club course at Knit Nottingham - basically this is a room full of people grabbing a knitting pattern for a sweater that we like the look of and then starting the process of making this together.

We knitted a tension square with our chosen yarn and with the pattern that we had chosen in mind to see how we should work out our pattern to know that the garment is going to fit when it is done. As it turned out I get quite a lot more stitches to an inch than I am supposed to according to my pattern and therefore am going to knit it using the number of stitches required for a jumper 2 sizes too big and hopefully that should come out to the correct size. I could have switched to using bigger needles and made the stitched the same as the pattern said however I loved the way that the material looked and felt so much as it was that me and Eleanor decided that I should work it out this way.

This is the pattern that I am attempting to make:
I haven't got too far yet but it is supposed to be done in about 3 weeks so that we can learn how to sew all of the pieces together in our next lesson. I'm not sure if this will be done but best crack on.
I did a few rows last night when I got back but we also went to our local church to the annual Carol concert which was lovely. It was nice to feel like part of a small community and to meet some of our neighbours. I love to just have a good old sing-along too!

The mince pies, pigs in blankets, gingerbread and mulled wine topped the evening off just lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment