Sunday 19 May 2013

2 rainbows, 2 Birthday cards and 2 Crafty Creatives boxes

It's a blog of 2's today.

I've had an absolutely lovely weekend with family - yesterday we went to my hubby's Aunt and Uncle's house who have a hot tup. It was amazingly relaxing - I don't remember the last time I've felt that  chilled out. We had a lovely BBQ for lunch - eaten inside as it wasn't too warm but lovely all the same. Then we got to use their hot tub that they have in their garden. It's lovely - so relaxing I was almost asleep on the way home.

This has meant that I didn't really want to do anything last night or today for that matter so as there was very little that HAD to be done today - I really haven't done anything. I've spent most of my day on the sofa crocheting and catching up on Saturday night TV that we had recorded over the last few weeks. This has meant that last night I got as far as finishing 2 rainbows of my blanket and it covering half way along the sofa:
And today I have spent most of my time sewing in the loose ends to neaten it up a bit. I have also got a few more rows done.
The only thing that I'm not too sure about with this is how's best to finish it. If anyone has any ideas of edging's that would look good then please let me know. Otherwise I think this will be a hunt the internet kind of a job at some point when the blanket is finished (apart from the edge).

I have also got two more Birthday cards to show you today. The first is one of the recycled ones that I made a few weeks ago - unfortunately this was found by my husband in the bedroom decorating and therefore I had to own up to the fact that it was going to be for him. It has now gone to a good home instead - my hubby's Nanna who's birthday it is shortly.
This one was also made in the last week - one for my hubby's friend. It's one of the classic design that you have seen before with one of the flippin' men images on it. There is a funny story behind the reason why this one was made and given but we won't go into that today!
I have also gotten really behind with showing you my latest deliveries from Crafty Creative - one of the two most recent boxes I absolutely love and the other I'm a lot less bothered about as it really isn't very me but maybe one day I will be able to make a gift for someone with the things I received.

Last month the theme of the box was Blue. No prizes for guessing that this was the box that I really liked. This box came as always with the art card that tells you the contents of the box. I love the wintery scene.
 This also included: Felt balls form Nepal, two bluebird pendants - one day I will attempt to make some jewellery, glitter and seed beads (the tall tubes in the middle of the next picture), a mini blank canvas - oh so sweet but I am not sure if I will ever pluck up the courage to put brush to canvas as I have never been known for my arty abilities, 3 pot of acrylic paint - the colours you can see below in varying shades of blue. Again I love these and when I get the courage it will be great to have a play but I have never really enjoyed the whole painting thing. A selection of tiny blue glass beads and a few A5 sheets of blue card and paper - these will definitely come in handy for a card of two at some point.
There were also almost two kits this week as well. One was a started pack of jumping clay as seen below - this comes again with 2 shades of blue clay and a tutorial on how to use it and how to make a little butterfly keyring. I'm not sure about the butterfly but this definitely looks like a fun one to have a play with. I have seen an idea on the internet where someone had used the samples that came in this pack to make buttons in a few shades of blue/purple. This sounds like an amazing idea to me so I am hoping to do the same at some point and make some buttons for maybe a cushion cover, bag of even perhaps a cardigan if/when I get around to making myself one.
 The actual kit that came in this pack was one to make a bluebird mobile. This may either be made at some time for a present perhaps or just for fun to put up in my craft room. I think I will have a go at making it and see how it turns out before any final decisions are made.
Oooh and finally the sheet of material that the bluebird kit is displayed on also came in the box. I have had a few ideas for this - perhaps some decoration on the bag that I was bought for my birthday or maybe the lining to another bag when i get around to making myself one for some of my wool stash. I'd love to make a crocheted bag with a circular base for storing my yarn in. I don't really know if this kind of thing would need a lining but if I make it well enough this might have to turn into a casual handbag and therefore would need a lining.

This months box was very much not me and therefore I think my least favourite of all of the boxes that I have received. This was on a glamour theme. The art card looks like this:
And the box contained a variety of things, a lot of which I cannot imagine me using. Slightly disappointing this one unfortunately. This month's kit was to make a decorative beaded hair clasp. There was some beaded fluffy trim and a red rose pendant, both of which I cannot imagine ever using.
There was however also some swarovski crystals in a black velvet pounch - not sure what I will use these for at all but they are pretty, stardust beads - maybe good for something snowy around Christmas time, a stamp - can't complain really as this will be useful for cards and some silver ink - I don already have some but love it's effect so again I really shouldn't complain. There was some photo glue that will be really useful. The bag near the front of the photo is "metallic star dust"- kind of like glitter - could go everywhere when I try to use this but looks like amazing fun. There is also a fat quarter of black velvet (that all of the other items are photographed on), a pair of rhinestone faceted teardrops and finally a set of hook earings to attach your own pendants to - maybe a pair with the teardrops could be pretty and some of the beads from previous boxes.

Ok so I made that box sound really bad at the beginning and then talked myself into most of it. Most of the box is either really pretty or really useful so I think I was a little harsh to start with. I think the darkness of the box when I opened it and the fact that the first things I found in it were the rose and the beaded fluffy trim kind of put me off a little to begin with but like I said most of the rest will be useful. I take back my negativity - another good selection of ideas from Crafty Creatives.

I look forward to being able to put some of ideas into practice and create some of the things that i have said I will make. I definitely need to re-read these posts whenever I am out of inspiration and see what I have thought of in the past. There should never be a day of boredom in my house really with all of these goodies around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment