Tuesday 28 May 2013

Blanket almost finished and my first attempt at blocking

Ok so this week has again been pretty busy - I have an exam tomorrow so I have been panicking about that and trying to frantically revise/learn what I need to know for that. I am on a revision/study day from work today and have just attempted my first practice exam for the day so I thought I'd have a few minutes break and write to you.

It's amazing how much you get done when you're trying to avoid revision (joking!!!) although revising during a bank holiday weekend does make you appreciate the moments that you have that aren't filled with working still. This means that I actually finally got around to blocking my first garment. This is it all pinned out and sprayed with water.
I'm not sure how well it worked really because it really doesn't look a lot different now that it has dried but hey I tried. Not too sure what I've done wrong really - any suggestions anyone? I will try to sew it together sometime soon and see what it looks like - I'm sure that it will be fine.

The avoidance of revision does also mean that I have cracked on quite nicely with my blanket for the living room.
 This is from when I had finished my final row with the red colour - I didn't do too badly - this is what remains from one ball of the red. There should be similar amounts of the other colours used in the blanket (apart from the beige of course as this has far more repeats I have used a few balls of this).
 Looking good - almost the right length for the sofa - it will definitely be the right length with once the final rainbow is complete.
Very snuggly - this was my this morning before I started revising. I have finished the orange now and almost the yellow. I really want to go and do some more now and get it done but I must crack on with my revision.

I have been speaking with my hubby over the weekend and have been thinking about setting up a little shop online selling bits that I make - I would love to make more crocheted and knitted items for people. I would love to make another of these blankets (in the same ripple design, granny squares or any other design really) but don't have the need or space for lots of blankets everywhere - maybe one more for myself in my crafty room but that's about it so if anyone would like me to make them anything then as long as I can find (or make up) a pattern for the design you want then please let me know. Blankets can be made in any size, any colours and pretty much any pattern that you would like so please let me know. If you have any specific requests or would like a price for anything then please email me: happyhenlowcrafts@gmail.com. I will be making some things and setting up a website shortly to start selling them (maybe towards the end of the year) but if anyone would like anything custom before then then please let me know. I would much rather make things to order than make things to sell and them never be in quite the right colours or styles for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment