Friday 31 May 2013

Blankets for babies

As some of you may remember a little while ago, one of my friends asked for my help in making some baby blankets for the neonatal unit at our local hospital. I did make one and really enjoyed doing it but unfortunately wasn't able to keep purchasing lots of wool to continue making them.

This being said I decided this week that I really should try to make some more as this is such a fantastic cause. I know how much these little blankets can mean to people. I had a thought earlier this week to see if any of my colleagues at work would be able to help me out with this. Obviously the best outcome would be if anyone was able to make a blanket themselves, however having spoken to a lot of people that I work with, I knew that it could be quite likely that some of them would have a stash of wool buried somewhere at the bottom of a cupboard that they would either never find the time or never be bothered enough to actually do anything with themselves.

I put a notice up on the board at work yesterday and already today one of my colleagues had found this amazing stash somewhere at home (probably like I said buried at the bottom of a cupboard unlikely to ever see the light of day again).


I will try to make a couple of blankets out of this and will post again once I have done. I love the colours - proper traditional baby colours. I think if I add some white to the blue then this will be perfect for a little boy and the pink and yellow together could be really pretty. Something flower-y maybe... we'll see. I'll post again once these are made.

If anyone would like to donate a blanket or the wool to make one to me then any donations will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment