Thursday 10 January 2013

Birthday card for Becki

Since Christmas I have decided that enough is enough - I have to stop procrastinating and get on with my college project so I have been working on that and finally last night submitted the first draft for marking. This is brilliant because now I can completely forget about it for a couple of weeks until I get any feedback on it and concentrate on crafting.

I have still been working on my sweater - I have finished the back (as I think I said before) and have been working on the front panel. It is completely identical to the back so far (and will be for most of the way up until I get to the neck but here's a photo of my progress so far anyway:
This week I have also had great fun making a birthday card for one of my best friends, Becki. We are looking at re-decorating our study and my crafty den at home so this is really exciting and in the process have started moving everything around to see how they could all fit. This means that I have found a load of my old card making things that I had completely forgotten about. The other major advantage of the way we have re-organised it is that now all of my pens are out and oh so easy to get to right next to my desk (hence I could actually be bothered to colour in a stamped image for this card instead of finding pre-coloured things or just cutting up coloured card). The main plan eventually in here will even be to get another desk to put in here for the computer to live on and then I can have a full desk designated to all things crafty all of the time. I can't wait!

Anyway I think I got a little side tracked there - here is the card that I have made for Becki (I hope she doesn't read this post before her birthday but I'm not sure she has the website address yet so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).
I love the "stitching" around the image and the heart - this is such a simple way to edge things but so effective - I love it! I hope that she likes the card as much as I do. I also have another small project planned which my friend has kindly been out today to get me the supplies for - I am hoping to have this made in time to send at the weekend with the card too. I will definitely wait until after the day (or I know it's got there) before I share this one with you though. Now I have said it publicly that means I have to do it too so no excuses for me!

Oooh - one final thing that I almost forgot - I have been on the phone to Royal Mail today to enquire about my craft swap parcel that still hasn't arrived. Grrr! I posted it on 11 December so it should have definitely got there before Christmas. They have given me a form to fill in which I have to post off (like I trust that!) and they will then be able to tell me where the parcel is and return it to me (apparently!) we will see. I don't really want it returning - if I wanted to keep it I wouldn't have posted it in the first place but anyway...

Watch this space as I think I will be posting all of the pictures of the things I made very shortly. It is definitely about time that all is known. I really really hope it arrives soon or is found at least :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment