Monday 21 January 2013

Front of sweater done and sleeve started

Woohoo! I love this cold weather - it's brilliant - exactly what winter should be like.

This weekend we went around to some friends house and helped them build a snowcat - I use the word helped very loosely - I didn't have at all sensible shoes on and my feet were frozen so I think I ended up doing a fair bit of supervising from dry ground. It turned out fab though!
Henlow isn't the biggest fan of the cold weather though. This was his response to me going in to see him the other morning:
 "Urgh! Why are you up so early? It's far too cold to be awake."
Back to bed. Charming!

He does still seem to be loving the cuttlefish though - he even slept with it the other night!
I've just remembered I never actually posted a picture of the finished item that I sent to Becki for her birthday. This is partly because I never actually took a good one of the finished thing. I forgot before I wrapped it all up to post but here it is anyway. I made a scarf that joined together in a loop to form a neck warmer/cowl. Not a good photo but here's the join of it and you can kind of see the way that it knitted up.
And for the main bit of news for this post - I finished the front of my sweater!!!! I'm really pleased with it. I hope it looks as good (and fits!) when it's all sewn together.
And I have started a sleeve - I love the orange colour on the cuff and can't wait to get it all finished now.
Finally I think we have finally come to a decision about paint for the decoration of our office / my crafty room. I think we're going to go for the Chalk Burst colour on the left of this picture - I think the other one is a bit too light and hopefully this will look really good when it's done. Having said that, it's not too tricky - anything has to be better than the bright-ish yellow that is in here now!
Oooh oooh oooh! I almost forgot - I received a reply from Royal Mail today to say that they are trying to track down the parcel that I sent for my craft swap so hopefully I will hear back from them shortly. I really hope I receive my parcel soon too - I hope this hasn't got lost in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment