Tuesday 15 January 2013

Sewing machine and other little exciting-ness

I sent off the form today to Royal Mail so hopefully they should be able to find the craft swap parcel and will get back to me with it or even better get it to where it should be going. We'll have to wait and see - I will give it a little while longer before I post all of the photo so I don't ruin the surprise.

Other post - hopefully this time for me to receive - I got an email yesterday to say that the Crafty Creatives box should arrive tomorrow - I had an email yesterday to say that it has been posted so it should be on its way at least. Is it mad that I get really excited about this every month even though I haven't even managed to use any of the things that I received last month (whoops!). I have been really excited about making the bath bomb too so I will definitely have to do this soon.

My husband (strangely more than me) has always wanted an old fashioned sewing machine - one of the proper lovely Singer ones and last week he managed to find one that was going for a reasonable price. The drawback of it was that it was collection only and in Newcastle-under-Lyme (please don't ask me where it is as I'm still not sure!) so we trekked over there on Saturday to collect it. In fairness it is a pretty beautiful machine and amazing how even the modern ones still look pretty similar to this now.
While we were in this Newcastle that I hadn't heard of before Saturday we stopped in a pet shop to buy a couple of treats for our beasties. We got Henlow this cuttlefish - which he has gone mental for - he loves it! He's been dragging it around his little house by his mouth trying to bite off as much as he can. Also on Sunday - as my Dad put it - he was surfing on it too. Very cute. I'm pleased that it doesn't take much to keep even other creatures amused - give me a bit of paper or wool and him a cuttlefish and we'll both be happy.
I don't want to be too mean and put a photo of the finished article on here but this is a little sneaky peak at what I used to make Becki's birthday present with. It is her birthday today so HaPpY bIrThDaY! I hope you're having a good day - hopefully I'll see you soon.
Finally and almost most excitingly - it snowed!!!! On Sunday it actually snowed. Those of you who know me well will know how much I love the snow and how mental I get when we actually get some in this country. After living in Canada for 3 winters and being surrounded by the stuff the winter in this country always seems far too wet and dull for me. It's not a good photo as it's through my bedroom window in the morning before I had to go off to work but this is my back garden with the little dusting that we had on Monday morning.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the Singer is beautiful! I'm very jealous.

    My CC box arrived yesterday and it's my favourite yet! Not that I have used any of the others yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it really is lovely isn't it. I hadn't ever thought about really wanting one until we got it but it is amazing.

      My CC box just arrived today - I'm going to blog about it in a minute - I love it! There's some lovely stuff in there - I thought of you when I found the material at the bottom! I can't wait to try the felting - that looks like fun.

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a chance to try it out soon!

    Hehe I love that owl fabric- just need to finish some projects before I can play with it the foxes and felting!

    ReplyDelete