Wednesday 16 January 2013

Craty Creatives box on a Woodland theme

Wow! I get so excited each time I know that the box is due to arrive - I have even been into my local post office for the last two days to check if it has arrived before I've even got home from work. I knew that this box was on it's way and also I'm hoping to receive the goodies from the swap soon too.

I cannot fault Crafty Creatives as I got a weird message yesterday to say that I had been billed £1 - I thought this was strange and wondered why this had happened but you know how things are, work, getting far too over excited about snow, blah, blah, blah and I completely forgot about it until I got a lovely message in the evening. Claire explained that there had been a problem with the way that my billing had been set up and explained how she could correct it. The £1 had been refunded before I knew any more about it and everything all set up again. I have to say - and I'm sure you might have guessed from a few of my other posts that I have become rather disgruntled with a lot of companies customer service recently (the saga of still no internet since the middle of last year and not 1 of the 6 or so companies that we have rang to ask to use their services has bothered sending out a router or setting the internet up for instance - wooo breathe Kate, anyway....!) however, Crafty Creatives does not appear on that list.

This month's box was just as good as the last one (which I still haven't used yet but am determined to soon! It does look so pretty sat on my shelf though it almost seems a shame.) This box contains the art card as the last one did with a beautiful picture on it and also a list of the contents of the box. PS. As we go through this I apologise for the enormous amount of photos - I may have set my husband the task of photographing everything - don't worry I won't post all 80 photos that he took!!!

Let's begin with the opening process - still one of my favourite parts I think! I'm such a big kid!
I even love the paper that the box comes wrapped in - this will be brilliant to use to wrap little gifts or again for a card
The kit this month was for needle felting - I cannot wait to try this! - it's not something that I have ever really thought about doing but I love trying new things like this.

Toadstool beads - beautiful, what else is there to say?! I'm desert to make something with these but have no idea what I might make - any suggestions please let me know - I'm thinking maybe a bracelet...?
Wooden leaf buttons - well if the sweater that I have chosen for sweater club actually was a cardigan and not a sweater then these would be an extremely strong contender to go on there. Otherwise we'll have to make and see - maybe a bag of some description... would have to learn how to make one of those first but hey it's worth a thought at least!
Fox beads - again good to hang from a purse or bag or to make some kind of jewellery out of:
Skeleton leaves - 100% natural and oh so beautiful! - I find it hard to believe that things so delicate can come from the world around us.
This leads me nicely onto the birch hearts - again not sure - maybe for a card...?
Leaf pendants - I'm not sure if these would go too well with the toadstools on whatever kind of jewellery I decide to make with those but again we'll see - ideas are always more than welcome and I will be hunting to see what everyone else does with all of these lovely goodies.
Flower soft - I have never used this before so wasn't too sure what it was but apparently it can be used just like glitter and it even comes with a full sized flower soft glue. I think this again will be something to experiment with when I next make a card.
Owly fabric - I may need some lessons on what to do with this but I know a lovely lady who would absolutely adore this - my swap buddy! I know that she will be loving this from her box as I hear she is slightly obsessed with owls!
Finally - last but my no means least - the final item in the box is a pine cone. I love the explanation for this on the card as well - "We just had to include this - an excellent addition to many home crafts". Couldn't have put it better myself - it's one of those things that you will probably never need but should always have "just in case". This may be spray pained gold/silver and tied with cotton to hang on the Christmas tree next year for instance.
Ta dah! A box full of goodies (the paper at the back is one that I already had but it fitted in quite well to provide a backdrop - apparently!)

No comments:

Post a Comment