Thursday 31 January 2013

Beautiful Weekend Away

Last weekend I went on holiday with my husband and my parents and it was amazing. I don't think I could have asked for a more idilic place to be or weekend to be there. We went to a small place called Beck Hole in Yorkshire. I don't think there's much more to say but here are a load of photos:
 It was snowy when we walked to the Mallyan Spout waterfall
Frozen moss on the rocks by the spout
 But we made it and it was well worth the walk!
We were in need of a Beer when we got back to the pub though! (Ok so I don't drink beer but they had lovely cider and everyone else enjoyed the Beck Watter beer)
 And so it snowed more
 and more
 until we woke up to this amazing view in the morning
 One of the farmers came down the road with a snow plough attached to the front of his tractor - it really just wouldn't happen here
 We didn't manage to eat breakfast outside...
a robin did though!
 ...I nearly lost my feet in the snow (the silly socks over the jeans thing was my husbands idea)...
 ...but me and my mum did make a snow tortoise (or snortoise as he became known!!!)
 
I made a snow angel!!! Forgot to put my head down in the snow though - oops!
 What would it be like to live here?!? Amazing or what?
 We walked all the way up to Goathland where Heartbeat was filmed
 And then it was certainly time for sledging!!!! The train with me and my parents didn't quite work maybe as well as we'd hoped though and we did crash about half way down - all you can see is legs!
 I love this poem that was hung on the wall of the pub. It was written by the previous owner and rings very true.
 Not quite so snowy the following day and the river was running well
 Sandsend was beautiful again and the tide was out so we could walk along all of the slate beds. Almost looks like we found a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow - I wish!
 Perfect fossils beneath our feet
 And finally to Whitby - an arty farty photo taken by my husband of the whale jaw on the way in
 We didn't quite make it up to the Abbey on the other side but had a good view of it.
All in all a brill weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment