Friday 9 November 2012

Card request

Well what an eventful week - our car broke on Monday but we manage to get it to work and the garage on Tuesday morning. £350 later we picked it up last night and it completely stopped almost on one of the busiest roundabouts in Nottingham. Adam did a fab job of getting it into the car park around the corner with no electrics so no power steering or anything and it went back to the garage. They have had it all day today and done no work on it but at least they have found out that this bit will be covered on the warranty and they should be able to fix it tomorrow.

Anyway - happier things :-) That hasn't turned out as bad as we thought so not too awful anyway and should be fixed soon. Today was my last day at work for the week so I'm really excited about my long weekend coming up - going out to see some friends tonight and Christmas shopping with my Mum on Saturday - I think we might need to do some tomorrow as well but we'll see how we feel in the morning.

Yesterday I was asked to make a bespoke greetings card - something I love doing but mostly when I have a specific person in mind to be making them for - I'm not so great at getting the stock ready - something I am planning on working on though.

The card was for someone I work with's Grandad and her daughter Grace's Great Grandad - All I was told that it should be made in fairly manly colours and that he likes gardening.

Whoops - had to go out at this point so finished the rest of the blog this morning

I love this rabbit gardening stamp that I have:
I stamped a few of these, coloured different bits in:



Then decoupaged them:
My husband printed the backing paper and greeting out for me and we stuck it all together:
Ta dah!






No comments:

Post a Comment