Sunday 4 November 2012

Start to finish (well almost) in one day

Woohoo! I have received the first comment on my blog! I'm really pleased as I know I haven't advertised it at all really so it's good to see that people are taking the time to read it and even better to comment. I also discovered from checking the stats the other day that I have a viewing in Germany - also very exciting - I hope that these people continue to read it and like what they see :-)

Have had another crafty day again today - I'm making the most of the weather and my husband having to work weekends.

Yesterday afternoon I managed to go and watch the football with one of my friends, which is brill as I get a free ticket and otherwise could never afford to go. As it was really cold yesterday I had a rummage around before setting off to see what warm and cosy treats I could find to wrap up in and managed to find 2 matching (almost finished) scarves in the club colours as well as another half complete one. I'm not sure why I was making so many in the past but always come in handy I guess. The one that I ended up wearing I think I was planning on adding tassels to at some point - hence the ends are not fully finished. It kept me warm yesterday afternoon though and somehow has managed to create me another little project to finish. I will make sure I add some tassels before I wear it again.
Today I have been making something for my craft swap - I don't want to give too much away so have taken a photo when I hadn't long started. I have managed to finish this part of it already today so I obviously managed to drag the old skills back from the depths of my brain not too badly.
The other excitement of the day was that by the time we got up Henlow was still fast asleep and in the dark - bless him. His lamp hadn't come on this morning and we think the whole fitting had also gone too. A trip to Pets at Home and about £100 later and he is happy again and running around eating anything and everything that is put in front of him - back to his usual self.

I know that I have brought it on myself by deciding that I don't want to give away anything that I am making for the swap but it is really frustrating not being able to share what I have been making - not long to wait though - I will share all when I know that all of the goodies have been received.

Now to check how to make the magic circle in crochet for sure (not sure if I have been doing it right) and back to the crafting - see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment