Tuesday 27 November 2012

Holiday and a few crafty updates

I have just had my holiday for the year - we went to the Norfolk Broads for a long weekend on a canal boat. It was very very cold but a lot of fun! I would definitely do it again and would recommend it to anyone else who is considering this kind of holiday. We had a great time - all you need to do is make sure that you find a warm pub to stop at if you go in winter. The cold did mean that the fish hat and scarf got a lot of use!

I have had a very crafty day today and also when we got back yesterday but mostly working on getting all of the things finished for my swap. I can't put any photos up yet as I am still trying not to give anything away but hopefully they should all be finished in the next week and get posted off.

I still need to make the tassels for the table runner which I might try to do this evening.

The only other thing that I have been working on a scarf for myself - it's going to be one of those ones that you join together in a loop. It's the first time I have tried to do any cable stitches so isn't perfect as I think I lost a stitch at one point which is why the pattern has gone a little bit wonky but I'm hoping that by the time it is done it shouldn't be too noticeable.
I love the effect that the stripes in the wool are coming out with

While I was away I also found an amazing gift shop and couldn't resist buying a few treats for myself and also getting a few ideas too. I bought this fantastic gingerbread ribbon! Not sure exactly what I am going to do with it yet as it is really wide but I still love it! If anyone has any ideas then please let me know.
Finally I also saw an advent chain (I guess that's what you would call it!) in the shop - I know this shouldn't be too difficult to make so this might be an idea for next year - I might have to find the old sewing machine and have a go. I don't have a very good picture to show you but it was basically 24/5 pockets all sewn out of different Christmassy material and each with a number sewn to them. They were then all attached to a piece of string (or I guess you could use ribbon). I think this is a lovely idea and would be great to hang up anywhere really around the house as a bit of extra Christmassy bunting. Maybe next year I'll give it a go.

Ooooh! I almost forgot to say - the coin Pudsey collected a really rather impressive total go £10.56 for Children in Need! Not too bad for a little gathering amongst friends.




1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love the colour of that wool! Ribbon mmm... could use it for christmas bunting?

    ReplyDelete