Tuesday 13 November 2012

One done!

Woohoo! I'm really pleased because tonight I finished and made up the very first of my Bake Off Recipe Books. I am dead chuffed with the way it has turned out. The covers are a bit of a faff but I think well worth it when it's all put together.
The first set of content has been printed:

Cover covered in sticky backed plastic 
 And finally the rings and inside pages added to bind all of it together:

I am really pleased with the way it turned out. We just have to make another 2 before Friday when we are having all of our friends round for a Children in Need party so we can give them all their copies then. There may also be a couple going out nearer to Christmas for a couple of other people who have requested a copy.

Other exciting news - I have almost finished my table runner:
It is soooo close to being long enough to start doing the white at the other end it is almost painful - I think I will do a few more rows on here whilst watching I'm a Celebrity in a few minutes.

Henlow is still tortois-ing about and we're quite pleased that he seems to be loving his new light.

We have got some more matching mats and coasters to match our crockery - a friend bought us a set of 4 coasters when we moved into our new house so we just had to request a few more as well as some place mats to match:


They have been made by his mum (www.susicoxglass.co.uk) and go really well with all of our crockery and fit in well in our kitchen - including with our new "family Rules" sign that is up on the wall - we saw this in a shop in Lincoln last weekend and simply couldn't resist. I think it certainly sums up the rules for staying/living in our house very well.

Finally, last night I found out how to and made my very first flat crochet in the round. I can't really reveal what it is for as it is part of something I am sending on my swap but I don't think this is too bad for a first attempt.
I will reveal all of the pieces and what it forms part of once I know that my swap goodies have been received.

I think that's about it for today but I'm sure I'll have more crafty goodness to share with you later in the week - I am off work on Friday and need to make decorations and some food treats for our Children in Need party - watch this space! Any ideas for decorations would be greatly appreciated - preferably things on a spotty/yellow theme and that are fairly quick and easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment